Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Rogue Trader progress 29/05/13.

Just a quick update on my Rogue Trader progress. To recap, I am on a quest to bring back the good old days and play RT like it's 1987. Here is an old, dog-chewed, Star Wars toy I rescued from eBay for a couple of quid. I filled in the top with a paint pot to make a cabin and added a GW chimera laser and a light. It is to accompany the farm building I did recently and the set will soon include some crystal crops and some dino-cattle too. I have quickly dry-brushed it to usableness as I need the farm in a game next week.

Sci-fi 'plant' machine with cutting laser.

I will take a few snaps of the game and give you a write-up.

In other RT news I have found a willing opponent for the 'Wolf Time' scenario from the 'Book of the Astronomicon' aka 'Chapter Approved'. In typical Warlord Paul, 'get it done' style we are not obsessed with using period minis and will hopefully have it all ready to go shortly. It should still be quite a spectacle (especially as the Space Wolf player hasn't read the scenarios and is therefore in for a few surprises!) and if it works it will be repeated with period minis next year.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. looking good - I think this little farm stead may catch the eyes of some passing Eldar pirates at this rate...

    Looking forward to seeing Wolf Time played out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pirates are very welcome anytime Thantsants! Make sure they pack lots of quirky RT weaponry like webbers, graviton guns and digi-lasers!

      I am excited about Wolf Time too, Coops threatened to do it a while back but it never appeared on Fighting Fantasist so I am going to plunge in and have a go myself.

      Delete
  2. I've seen that toy as well, that's nicely done Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, much appreciated.

      Damaged Star Wars toys are great fodder for sci-fi projects, the ones in better condition hold their value too well though. Crazy people who can't accept those days are gone buy them up for silly money! *Ahem* Nothing like Oldhammer... *mumbles*

      Delete
  3. Looks great and RT, Warlord Paul. I am super excited to see this game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Weird!

      I have been avidly following your battle with Mouse, it's been great so far!

      Also, please please please put the more gadgets/follow button on your blog!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Warlord Paul. It is nice to have to stop on by. As for the gadgets, I don't mean to be a twat or anything, but I like my current blog without any extra doodads, and that whole follower collection makes me uncomfortable. If it makes it easier for you to visit you can hit the subscribe by email button. I didn't even know about that until Thantsants found it one day. Anyway, looking forward to your Rogue Trader game.

      Delete
    3. Oops,...it should read: "It is nice to have you stop on by..." I should get in the habit of proofing my comments before I prove I am not a Robot...I am Not A Robot!

      Delete
    4. Are you sure you are not a robot? When was the last time you went through airport security? Although, they could be in on it! Food for thought.

      Fair enough, gadgets aren't for everyone. I like having a one stop shop blog roll but I can make an exception for you. As soon as I figure out how to subscribe by email. I hate doing new things.

      Delete
  4. That plant machine is awesome Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! Looking forward to gaming with it on a dustball planet where the Grox roam and men are men.

      Delete
  5. Really looking forward to that game from the Book of the Astronomicon.

    The plant machine would make an awesome backdrop to a mining or agri-world scenario, especially if its programming commands have been scrambled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liam, I'm looking forward to it loads too. The terrain is looking good and the minis are almost ready to go so it's just a matter of palming some kids off onto somebody else for a day or two!

      That's what makes good RT terrain, the ability to interact with the player's forces. I love stuff like that, unpredictable robots/machinery, local fauna/flora going mad and vehicles just asking to be hotwired!

      Delete