Thursday, 19 September 2013

Where does all the time go?

The hobby has had to take a back seat recently because I've been more than a little bit busy what with one thing and another. Not only has the torturously protracted house purchase/sale taken lots of attention but the BOJ has also had his first cold with an attendant string of sleepless nights. Nevertheless, there is still a tiny portion of energy left to spend on a quick post!

With the Oldhammer Weekend done and dusted it was time to reassess some goals and objectives.

To do list.

Play Wolf Time (from RT's Chapter Approved supplement) with my mate.

Finish and publish tutorials on the Wolf Time rockpile terrain and post-apoc car.

Finish and publish the Rogue Trader games from my club.

Continue the story of my Warhammer 3rd edition adventuring party.

That all seemed far too conservative so I have added a few items!

Run a Warhammer 3rd game at Blog-Con in November and blog the results.

Play/blog another Warhammer 3rd game against Thantsants at the end of September.

Organise a YOBBOS meeting (Yorkshire's local Oldhammer society).


That's more like it. Now I have a shed-load to do and some tight deadlines, much more ambitious.



So watch out for all that (and some stuff I've forgotten in my sleep-deprived state), in the meantime you may enjoy a look through some of these links. The top one links to the finale of one of my battle reports that suffered in views because I published it too close to the Oldhammer Weekend while the rest link to excellent blogs that have less members than I do (so I may be able to help them out in my own small way). There are quite a few so I will publish the second half of the list in my next post, but please take the time to have a glance through them, it is so encouraging to get new followers and extra views.

http://warlordpauluk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-battle-of-broken-barrow-part-three.html

http://inthegardenofnurgle.blogspot.co.uk/

http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.co.uk/

http://40kwithblackjackandhookers.blogspot.co.uk/

http://broadswordsandbeasts.blogspot.co.uk/

http://deathworldadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

http://elfmaidsandoctopi.blogspot.co.uk/

http://mythostransmissions.blogspot.co.uk/

http://fightyourfantasy.blogspot.co.uk/

http://gamesorkshop.blogspot.co.uk/

http://futurewarunendurable.blogspot.co.uk/

http://goblinlee.blogspot.co.uk/

http://harryhowells.blogspot.co.uk/

http://adarkuniverse.blogspot.co.uk/

http://leadplague.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. You're definitely showing us the best side of ambition here.
    I find it very inspiring and motivating to see you or others try to make things live rather than just staying in a confort zone and passivity.

    Thank you for sharing some very good links I'll add right away and for promoting mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy clicking through those blogs, they are all published by talented and passionate hobbyists. It was my pleasure to promote yours and all the rest, in fact I've been meaning to do it for a while now.

      Thanks for the kind words, I'm just a hobby nut and the enthusiasm kind of fuels itself really but it's good to think others might be inspired by it just a little!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the push :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing the Oldhammer games at Blog-Con. 3rd edition was just leaving when I started getting interested in Fantasy. Rogue Trader on the other hand... I loved that book but didn't start to seriously play until the WD tyranid list was released with mind slaves thanks to Tyranid Attack supplying lots of decent plastic warriors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, my pleasure.

      Make sure you stop by at Blog-Con and introduce yourself at the Oldhammer table.

      Warhammer 3rd edition is nice because it's so bonkers it kind of forces you to have a either a GM or a very healthy attitude about competitiveness at least. Having three or more people involved in the game real changes the dynamic, I think a lot of modern Warhammer's problems stem from just having two opponents.

      I love RT very much too, those early games of fantasy and 40K were pretty casual back when we were kids and great fun because of it, somehow when the first box sets came along it lost it's naive charm and with each new edition it got a bit more serious.

      Delete
  3. boohoo!!! You left me off the first list, gonna have to play you and kick your butt now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry bro, I'm pimping blogs in the order in which they appear in my blog roll to make my life easier. Your turn will come! I will take you up on that challenge though, I think I may have the perfect antidote for 13 Jezzails...

      Delete
    2. I'll paint up my 14th then....................

      Delete
    3. *sucks teeth* Up to you, taking a big risk angering the Horned Rat by dishonouring his sacred number like that though!

      Delete
    4. You'll only convince him to paint up 169...

      Delete
    5. He he he dat Erny, he so sneeky, he could almost be a Skaven! Horned Rat likes 13 but tbh he'd take ought for a win

      Delete
    6. I could buy shares in eBay then crank up the trash talk maybe? Might be on to something there!

      Delete
    7. I ain't gonna buy 302875106592253 of the b#ggers!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one promoting the other Blogs, there was quite a few on your list I haven't seen before so will interesting to go though them all :)

    And don't forget to promo the sexy Chico :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your turn will come Chico, your message of hope and nudity will reach the audience it deserves. Have fun looking through my lists!

      Delete
  6. I find work get's in the way, maybe a lottery win would help us, I don't see my blog in your list:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got more followers than most religions already Fran! But if you want a shout-out on the next post you can have one, seeing as it's you.

      Keep buying those tickets!

      Delete
    2. It's okay I'm alright. I try to promote good blogs like yours and others....part of my religious doctrine!

      Delete
  7. Wooo! Your to do list is quite a thing!
    I played the Wolf Time some time ago, I'll try to recover some pics from then, it was a truly enjoyable campaign. Now I'm curious on your RT games! I'm trying to spread the word to anyone willing to hear me, so I'll be keeping an eye on your blog!
    I'll have a look on that blog list, there are some of them which I don't know, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not one for making things easy for myself! I would love to see your pics from the Wolf Time Suber, if you can lay your hands on them that would be great. RT has taken off more than Warhammer locally, I just need a spare hour or two to write it all up and show you. Anybody got a time machine?

      Delete
  8. great stuff looks like you will have your hands full for this year, looking forward to seeing the Oldhammer boys at Blog-Con
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, there is not much of the year left is there? Can't wait until Blog-Con James, glad you made it happen.

      Delete
  9. thanks! - my fantasy roots very uk/2000Ad thanks for the boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure mate. Keep up the good work, I have really enjoyed the adventures of Emy, Zorg etc and look forward to their impending apotheosis. Your tables are works of genius.

      Delete
  10. I would make a list like this but I think my head might explode at what I've set myself!

    Some good blogs in there I hasd of - Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get overwhelming if you're not careful, ideas are so much easier to come up with than painted models or gaming time!

      Have fun checking out the new blogs, there are plenty more in my next post too!

      Delete