Saturday, 14 September 2013

Trolltooth Wars progress.

I have been digging out some suitable models for the Trolltooth Wars project this week, take a look.

An 'Ushtug' model which will double up very nicely as Chief Stoneback of the fat Hill Goblin Tribe.


I have dug out over 20 classic Orc models which will fill in as some of the Hill Goblin troops, here are a couple of recent finds that will be joining the comrades on the painting table shortly.


I have begun a collection of suitable Elf, Norse and Dwarf miniatures to stand in as Dire's 'Drone' Units. These irregular regiments are made up of the assorted Black Elves, Barbarians and wandering renegades that populate Dire's domain.


There is an Oldhammer forum thread about the subject now and many of the sites members have made some astoundingly kind and generous offers. I am sure the project will be a great success thanks to the community and I look forward to getting the battles played and photographed before eventually taking the show out on the show circuit next year.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Niiice!! I'm looking forward to see them painted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all ahead full on this project now!

      Delete
  2. Actually those Elves look pretty good stand-ins for Black Elves - I have another 10 or so I could paint up in a similar scheme for you. I'm sure I'll be able to fit the colour scheme for my Wood Elf army around them when I get round to painting it...

    Ushtug is great for Chief Stoneback.

    I must start my evil experiments on creating Rhinomen some time soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sounds like a useful plan.

      The Rhinomen phalanx is your biggest challenge I reckon. At a 1:20 ratio though your entire army works out at about 75 models. You will have 25 Soulless Ones and 50 Legionaries of which maybe 10-25 could be Rhino-men, depending on how you get on collecting them.

      Delete
  3. Up to my old tricks, new URL for Snickit's Tail is snickitstail.blogspot.com, put the word out please

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the type of community projects I absolutely love. Really pleasing to see take shape.
    Strong background + very good models and on top of that very fine participants, you make me wish I was born under a rose rather than a lily... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic being a part of the oldhammer community and this project has brought that into sharp relief because of the interest and all the offers of help. France isn't so far away, perhaps we can get you over for a game someday. We should be doing a camping trip in Cumbria for a weekend in 2014 (where we have a game set up in a barn) which could be a cost effective way of visiting the UK for game, I will PM you details on the forum as they get organised.

      Delete
    2. Cheers mate, much appreciated.
      I'm in fact aiming at the next oldhammer day, it's in one year so it'll leave me plenty o'time to mentally prepare my lady to the idea... and to have something valuable to bring/prepare.

      Delete
    3. Excellent news, the next Oldhammer event will be even bigger and better by the sounds of it so well worth the trip.

      Delete