Friday, 1 May 2015

Back to my chaotic roots.

I first started blogging as a way of recording my progress for the Realm of Chaos game at Bring Out Your Lead 2013 and after being more involved with playing/painting for D&D lately the time has come to start recording my progress getting ready for BOYL '15.

My new warband, ready for a spritz of matt black!


I'm hoping to find an opponent (or two) for this RoC warband on the Sunday at BOYL. I have games of Warhammer 3e booked for the Friday and Saturday this year and it'd be nice to get some RoC action in on the last day before heading home, laden with lead and tales to tell. There are two more thugs in the mail and another beastman in the FPS which I'll add in. I am choosing members and traits rather than rolling this time so I can use some minis as they are.

I'm also working on a baggage train for my Chaos Army, a much neglected facet of 3e.

Turnip cart from Warbases and a current Steed of Slaanesh.


Re-purposed monks from Gripping Beast, to be used as cultist baggage guards.


That felt like a good start, I've been spending too much time on the Facebook pages and not enough time putting the hairy stick to lead! I will soon have a few more painted bits to put up. Really looking forward to this year!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I love what I'm seeing, oh yes I am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of models, that Ox-roar Minotaur is one of my favourites. If I'm at BOYL '15 (fingers crossed) I'll be up for some RoC games, be good to see what you can do with that hairy stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news, I'll be the one wearing a Warlord Paul t-shirt lol. I love that minotaur too, I've been after it for a while and nabbed it at a great price.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Paul! I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I really like that modern Steed of Slaaneesh! I wonder how it would look with a RT Renegade mounted on his back....hhhhmmmm interesting. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The occasional guilty pleasure can still be found on a plastic sprue! Many thanks Blue.

      Delete
  4. Some inspiring stuff there, I particularly like that (rather elegant) steed shackled to the cart.

    I'll almost certainly be up for some RoC games on the Sunday at BOYL - low figure counts are good given my indecisive approach to my painting queue... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'll bag some space at a table and we can get some RoC games in on the Sunday then.

      The steed is indeed a nice and sleek mini, tough break getting shackled to a turnip cart therefore but such is the reward for evil!

      Delete