Friday 18 April 2014

Salutations, invitations and Nurgle infestations.

Hey you guys, how's it going? I am well.

I was pretty down last week after the Gnome on the Range game, I came down with a serious tonsillitis/'flu/chest infection combo that completely floored me and caused me to miss Thantsants' big gaming weekend in Cumbria. :( I'd appreciate it if nobody ever talks about it in my presence so that I can pretend it just didn't happen. Cheers. I am significantly improved now and feel sure I'm going to make it.

Me, last week.


I did get some lovely feedback after the Gnome on the Range game though and as a result I have penciled in June the 14th 2014 as the next date for a Warlord Paul presents game. Orlygg and Steve Casey will be guests of honour and hopefully the horde of the Deathfist will regain the trust of Khorne in a fresh outing. Anyone who fancies joining in a WFB3 battle please get in touch. The final venue has yet to be confirmed but it will be Nottingham or thereabouts.

Ulthur 'Slambo' Deathfist.


I am attending BOYL 2014 on both days and I am seeking an opponent to face my Chaos army. It has two settings, Realm of Chaos (which is a bit saucy to say the least) or Warhammer Armies (which is much more vanilla) but runs to around 3500 points either way. No doubt I will mess around with a bit of skirmishing RT or Warhammer but I would like to set up a traditional, scenario-driven battle on one of the days for funs. Let me know if you fancy it. I like to tell a tale rather than compete, just so you know the type of game I'm after.

Never been one for taking Warhammers too seriously.


Next post should be loads of photos from Gnome on the Range, Mr Curtis Fell can feel free to copy them straight from the blog or if you are in my googly circley thing I can share them with you directly upon request.

Googly circley thing.


I love you all, but special welcomes to my new members. I am still heavily medicated but don't let that concern you.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. There is now a good chance I'll be attending BOYL myself and though one of teh days will be used for some RT skirmish, I could very well bring my slaanesh warband too... nudge nudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news about you attending BOYL 2014, I will look forward to throwing some dice with you in a skirmish game!

      Delete
  2. Arise, Deathfist, arise....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Deathfist rides again, and this time he's on a rollercoaster of revenge!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you had to miss the gaming in the Lakes... I will send you an e-mail in due course about the follow up game to Trouble at Nobridge, as I now have all the fimir models I need, so just need to start working on terrain.

    I think I would like to sign up for the June 14th game... I need to check my diary to make sure that I can, unfortunately that is in Cambridge and I am still in Liverpool, so I'll let you know. What's your idea for that likely to be? I have to say, I hope one day you do something else with gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lakes are they then? I'm looking forward to the Nobridge sequel! I will make sure there is a place reserved for you on the 14th so take your time sorting it out.

      Delete
    2. The idea for the 14th is to give Orlygg's Chaos army a worthy opponent and tell the story of his champion's redemption in the eyes of Khorne. No doubt there will be twists along the way as usual. Watch out here for more details to come. There will be a sequel to Gnome on the Range some day too!

      Delete
    3. So I've checked the diary and I'm free that weekend, so finances permitting I'll be there. I'll look out for your plans... I'm trying to figure out what to paint next so I think this'll be the nudge I need.

      Delete
    4. That's excellent news! Looking forward to seeing how the Fimir fare against Ulthur Deathfist!

      Delete
  4. What big gaming weekend in Cumbria? ; )

    Glad you're back on your feet and thanks again for a great time Gnome-bashing!

    Count me in for your next game as soon as I've confirmed a day pass with SWMBO.

    Sounds like you've got a couple of challengers there but I'm always happy to step in and show your Nancy boys some good Orc lovin'!

    In case you haven't seen it on the forum but I'm involved in organising what looks like quite a big game of Epic and an all day siege if you're interested in dipping into either of those games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the idea! Glad you enjoyed yourself at GotR. I'll pencil you in for the 14th, will be great to have you along. I wouldn't mind a game for both days and I thought we might end up doing some dice rolling on the same table so if we book a game for BOYL on a day of your choice then I will leave the invitation open for anyone else who fancies taking on the horde of Lord Gallsharp the Carnal. I will load up my epic Eldar army and enigmatically join in the fun too.

      Delete
  5. Yeah it was fun. Gnome of the brave, land of the flee! In panic. Because warlord vermin-face is coming to enslave your people!

    I would love both the june 14th game and BOYL 2014, although I am leaning towards epic for BOYL 2014. When is BOYL 2014?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOYL was penciled in with Wargames Foundry for the 16th and 17th of August. It needs to be better publicised but I think there are one or two details to iron out first.

      Very pleased you liked the game, it was fun having you involved. Keep an eye out for more details on the June 14th game, I will advertise it here and on FB.

      Delete
    2. Date was changed to the 9th/10th of August!!!

      Delete
  6. ok, brilliant! If you need any help with organising anything let me know, as I am a Notts resident! I can prbably put up 1 or 2 people who dont mind sharing a room....and bed....

    ReplyDelete